No Homers - Lossless Audio and Coffee Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitlope's original introduction

2 posters

Go down

Kitlope's original introduction Empty Kitlope's original introduction

Post  FlacMonkey Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Here is Kitlope's original introduction. I'm sorry it got lost in our little start out hick-ups. Here is it in it's original and unabridged version Wink

Well I figure I'll get the ball rolling on Intro's.

First of all, I want to thank FlacMonkey for this forum. When he pm'd me over at h33t with his idea I instantly thought it a great one - one thing the FLAC community is missing is more of a personal site so we can...well...be a community. Especially us uploaders since we all know we're a rare breed!

My name is Mike, I live in Edmonton Canada and only love my federal government because they haven't tabled a copyright law. Otherwise their a bunch of boneheads. I'm 36, live in a condo with my 12 year old daughter Samantha that I was granted custody of on June 28 2008 because her mother turned out to be a neglectful, horrible mom. I'm a bricklayer by trade so in the winter's here in The Great White North when I'm not so busy I spend a lot of time on the pc gaming (currently into Battlefield: Bad Company 2), listening to music and torrenting. And reading Wiki - gotta love Wiki. I used to do residential & commercial bricks but for the last 10 years now I do refractory which is Industrial. We do the high temperature linings for Boilers, Kilns, Furnaces etc. Its an interesting job, can be dangerous but most importantly actually pays pretty good. Thank You Union! I also like drinking beer, smoking a little weed sometimes, hiking in the Rockies when I get a chance, fishing, listening to Hi Rez Music (DVD-Audio & SACD) and watching a good documentry or movie.

My torrenting career started in Oct 2004 when Supernova was still up. Started downloading music and movies and fell instantly in love with the torrent protocol. Sure beats that shit program kazaa! After a couple years I realized I had taken so much from the torrent community that I wanted to start giving back. I don't have much for DVD movies but had quite a few CD's, especially Canadian music, so i started uploading in 2006 to Demonoid - mp3's @ VBR. Actually had about 150 of them up. But when the site went down in Oct 2007 most of them were wiped. I thought damn - most of my work has dissapeared. I then started getting into FLACs as the price of hard drives was dropping and wanted to re-rip my collection into FLAC for my own personal use. I also wanted to torrent them but was going to try & do it right this time, so I started to multi-track my stuff so it wouldn't be lost. Made templates. Did some research. Needed a stable, dependable tracker. And in March 2008 uploaded my first FLAC via h33t. It also was a very happy day for me when Demonoid came back online a month later in April 2008 since its a great forum for music and probably the best for lossless. I've also in the last few years been on a big CD buying binge - I love having the physical copy and I figure in some years time CD's will become a niche market akin to what vinyl is today. Everything will be done via download so collecting CD's is a great, cheap hobby. I'm a bit of a digital hoarder - I have 3 1.5 TB drives dedicated to FLACs, Movies & Documentarys. Also have a 1 TB dedicated Torrent drive for my uploads and a 320 GB for Windows. Also a 500 GB external full of mp3's that sits beside my pc unused.

Today, after some 350 FLAC seeding uploads that are still active its actually turned into a bit of a game for me with numbers. How many downloads has each torrent had? Hows the health? Whats my total downloads? As Mulder from X Files said, It's like reading the statistics of a baseball game. One can garner all the information about that particualr game needed just from those numbers. I get invites to private sites quite often but always turn them down. I tried a couple out over the years and never cared for the strict rules and the douchebaggery that comes with many of the admins. Granted, as we all know, public trackers have issues with hit & runners but at least my stuff is available to anyone in the world with a torrent client. That, to me, is most important. And besides, I don't mind seeding my unpopular stuff, been doing it now for 2+ years

Anyhoo, I don't want to make this too long winded so that's pretty much my story.
FlacMonkey
FlacMonkey
Entirely Made Of Flacs

Humour : Yes

https://nohomers.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Kitlope's original introduction Empty Re: Kitlope's original introduction

Post  Kitlope Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:53 pm

Thanks for reposting this FM. Time in the next few days for you to put a intro!
Kitlope
Kitlope

Back to top Go down