No Homers - Lossless Audio and Coffee Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My introduction

4 posters

Go down

My introduction Empty My introduction

Post  troma Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:10 am

I sorta lost Mike's intro (can't see it anymore) but that's prolly part of the tuning-in of the site.

Anyway, a lil bit 'bout myself:

I'm Walter, 50 years old and in Chile (South America, just in case Surprised ). Married twice, three kids. I'm an entrepreneur, and own and run (walk?) a small business along with my wife.

I started file-sharing waaay back, even before the BitTorrent protocol and the FLAC format were even invented. IRC was my place back then, we shared mp3's with some scripts that automated the sharing of the available files. Undernet and Effnet were the networks, and some smaller ones afterwards and in between. And then someone, somewhere, told me about FLAC. Still on IRC, I started to join lossless channels, and sharing and downloading. And then came the torrent revolution. SuprNova, the Pirate Bay, Demonoid, and then the beloved OiNK. Private -and quite exclusive- trackers started to pop up: Pedro's BT Music, Ex***, and, after OiNK's sudden death, waffles and what.cd. Being a member of the first two, I started to look elsewhere. Movies were the next thing I found. I became a member of TorrentLeech, DVDQuorum (a Spanish movie tracker now known as PlanetQ), BitHQ, Hermeticos (another Spanish tracker). And then, as Kitlope says in his own intoduction, I wanted to start uploading all the stuff I had collected over the years. Although my uploads were already on TPB, Demonoid, DVDquorum and elsewhere, I was looking for a home, a place were I could upload anything I wanted, at the pace I was comfortable with, and without the restrictions/rules/etc. that private sites usually impose. I found h33t by chance; in fact the tracker showed up in the tracker list of a torrent I was downloading. I took a look, loved it. As Mike mentions elsewhere, after being on private trackers, I'm also back to the public ones: open access for everyone, no strings attached. I live in a country where copyright laws are not enforced (yet), and besides, I share content that (probably) is of no real interest to the big money-makers of the industry (meaning: vintage progressive rock, jazz, and movies).

So, that's it, more or less. I love progressive rock and jazz, interesting movies, and I love to share my stuff. I don't care about 0-day shit, scene access and the like. What I do care about is quality uploads, carefully prepared, with informed and detailed descriptions, and very well done rips (EAC in secure mode, encoded to FLAC with full tagging, etc.). Quality over quantity, and access for everyone.

And last, but not least, a big thanks to Flacmonkey for this forum. I really hope this place will be THE place for us "lossless torrenters". I already see many of the h33t folks here, in time we might invite people from other trackers too.

Long live free lossless music!

Walter
troma
troma

Back to top Go down

My introduction Empty Re: My introduction

Post  FlacMonkey Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:04 am

Hi Walter!

A warm welcome to you Smile

We had some glitches and had to redo the intro section. So Kit's intro is down for the moment, but I saved it, so it will be back... Wink

It is very nice to get to know you and I hope we can have some good times in here, talking and discussing what we love.

I started a new section called the "Music Club" in which you can recommend albums that you like. People can respond and say how they like it. The idea is to have something a bit like a book club. That way we can have some fun and interactive discussions. We can get the music from our favourite sources if we don't have those albums in our collections. What I always missed on the net is a place to discuss the music and have fun with the people that are big music fans. I hope this forum can be a fun place for us to hang out. Also, we'll have sections about music storage technologies (CDs, FLACs, Vinyl, anything), ripping procedures, hardware, anything that might be useful to share knowledge on audio reproduction and music. Any ideas are welcome. It is still a (VERY) early project and most if not all of the work needs to be done. But I'm glad to see it starting.

I'm glad to have you with us, enjoy!

FM
FlacMonkey
FlacMonkey
Entirely Made Of Flacs

Humour : Yes

https://nohomers.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coripe Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:09 pm

troma Hello, why I have the feeling that you were born in the network? lol!

you see, here I am ... fighting with the English language affraid jajajajajaj

We read old friend! cheers
coripe
coripe

Humour : gñe

http://fuerzadeportiva.forosactivos.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitlope Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Hey Troma, great to see you here! Yeah, site has some hiccups as FM said atm but things will get straightened out.

Thanks for awesome intro, interesting to see where we have come from & how similiar our stories actually are.
Kitlope
Kitlope

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down