No Homers - Lossless Audio and Coffee Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EAC and accuraterip

2 posters

Go down

EAC and accuraterip Empty EAC and accuraterip

Post  oneanight Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 am

I'm kind at a point of confusion at the moment.. with EAC and accuraterip

If someone rips a CD with EAC say a new one 2010 example, and thay haven't configured the right settings in actual fact the complete wrong settings
all the way down the line but the read CRC and the test CRC are the same..

That would be considered to be a bad rip in the eyes of some so-called prestigious Lossless sites wouldn't it? Without being derogatory.

I myself was demoted on one of these sites through no fault of my own but that's another story..

So going back to this badly ripped CD when you send Your AccurateRip Submissions to the AccurateRip Database, and the Database updates itself
and then someone rips exactly the same CD say two months after the original totally useless rip, and the results are "All tracks accurately ripped no errors occurred End of status report"

would this be accurate as the original CD was completely ripped with the wrong settings..

And are some sites deluding themselves into believing that their settings are correct and all other settings are wrong?

By the way I do believe In good settings and standards should be kept but this has thrown a big doubt in my mind..

hope you can understand what I'm trying to get at here.

Anyway guys and girls as always your feedback would be definitely helpful on this cheers..
oneanight

Back to top Go down

EAC and accuraterip Empty Re: EAC and accuraterip

Post  FlacMonkey Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:56 pm

oneanight wrote:I'm kind at a point of confusion at the moment.. with EAC and accuraterip

If someone rips a CD with EAC say a new one 2010 example, and thay haven't configured the right settings in actual fact the complete wrong settings
all the way down the line but the read CRC and the test CRC are the same..

That would be considered to be a bad rip in the eyes of some so-called prestigious Lossless sites wouldn't it?

Yes Smile

oneanight wrote:
So going back to this badly ripped CD when you send Your AccurateRip Submissions to the AccurateRip Database, and the Database updates itself
and then someone rips exactly the same CD say two months after the original totally useless rip, and the results are "All tracks accurately ripped no errors occurred End of status report"

would this be accurate as the original CD was completely ripped with the wrong settings..

Quite frankly, I'm not exactly sure. I think accurate rip only checks test and copy crcs and read offset. The rest is of no importance to them I think (like secure or burst mode, disable cache or not, C2 or no C2, etc). If you get many rips that have the correct read offset and matching test and copy CRCs they will consider the rip as accurate. I don't swear by accurate rip to prove your rip was perfect. It's a help though, at least it shows the correct read offset was used and test and copy crcs match. Nothing will replace a full log with all the options visible. That is what can give you the assurance of having an as high quality as technically possible rip with a high level of confidence.
FlacMonkey
FlacMonkey
Entirely Made Of Flacs

Humour : Yes

https://nohomers.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum