No Homers - Lossless Audio and Coffee Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember when.............?

2 posters

Go down

Remember when.............? Empty Remember when.............?

Post  OzBrickie Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Do you remember your first love? What where you listening to then? Prolly some crap that she liked just so you could get her into the sack I'll wager. For me it was Huey Lewis And The News. After the bitter break-up I went through a stage of thinking how much of a wanker I was to like them , however give Sports a listen today and I reckon you might re-adjust your ideas. It's called coming around again. (no sexual conotations there mate)

When I was a young lad I bought every ELO record they released. (not ELO2! sorry) I was at that stage when I was totally transfixed by a band regardless of the boring monotonous crap they did. But now if you listen to The Move and some of Jeff Lynne's early ELO stuff it was way ahead of it's time and it still makes me smile. Very Happy I also reckon Jethro Tull's first few recordings are about as good as you can get if you want to talk "new age - folk". hehe did I just say that?

What about the days when we liked nothing more than kicking back with a well rolled scoob and listening to records? What was the one album you liked to listen to? (or maybe two. Dope narrows the perspective at the end of the day) I was a skateboarder so I listened to Outlandos D'Amour over and over. Give it a spin, I think you will appreciate what Sting was trying to say before he turned into a ponce.

Okay now for some serious stuff that doesn't need re-qualification or justification for no matter what your age or disposition I reckon you can't go past George Thorogood for some genuine genuineness (is that a word?). I can listen to his first album again and again.

What about The Stones early stuff or The Beatles first few records. I gotta admit to owning and loving Johnny Cash's first records with Sun. Is it just a state of mind or is it " They don't Rock 'n' Roll like they used to?"

Well if you listen to Wolfmother, The White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, hell even Blur well you gotta smile.

I might be chanelling my days before piss tests but I reckon its a state of mind. (theres some sort of delayed echo around here!)

What do you say ?

Cheers and Beers

Oz
OzBrickie
OzBrickie

Back to top Go down

Remember when.............? Empty Re: Remember when.............?

Post  troma Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:03 am

What do you say ?

First of all, very nice post (i also liked the other one you wrote about dbPowerAmp and the home-media-network, I need to know more about that...).

Second: Jethro Tull is NOT "New Age", at least not in my book Razz

And at last... I grew up listening to classical music (courtesy of my parents, of course), but then, someday, I discovered Deep Purple ("Smoke on the Water", in fact) on a rock program on the radio (AM back then). A few days later the same radio aired an Emerson, Lake & Palmer tune, and some The Who, and I was hooked. I still listen to classic and progressive rock, 30+ years later. Meanwhile I also discovered that Jazz is definitely good music (especially the old tunes and the 60's West Coast stuff), and, of course, the classics: Beethoven, Mozart, Bach & Chopin.

I work at home, so when I feel like listening to some tunes, my choices are: Yes, Marillion, Frank Zappa, Dave Brubeck Quartet, Ludwig van, Rush, Link Wray... and so on.

Wink drunken
troma
troma

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum