No Homers - Lossless Audio and Coffee Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which program do you use to rip your CD's?

+4
tolis
FlacMonkey
rogercc
Kitlope
8 posters

Go down

Which program do you us to rip your CD's?

Which program do you use to rip your CD's? I_vote_lcap91%Which program do you use to rip your CD's? I_vote_rcap 91% 
[ 10 ]
Which program do you use to rip your CD's? I_vote_lcap9%Which program do you use to rip your CD's? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Which program do you use to rip your CD's? I_vote_lcap0%Which program do you use to rip your CD's? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which program do you use to rip your CD's? I_vote_lcap0%Which program do you use to rip your CD's? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Which program do you use to rip your CD's? Empty Which program do you use to rip your CD's?

Post  Kitlope Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:53 pm

I use EAC & love it, although sometimes it can be a little slow.

Last edited by Kitlope on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kitlope
Kitlope

Back to top Go down

Which program do you use to rip your CD's? Empty Re: Which program do you use to rip your CD's?

Post  rogercc Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:08 pm

After a few votes EAC has a 100% record. Not surprising in my opinion!
Would not be surprised if it remains top.

Windows Media Player ????, was this included as a joke.

Use Winamp to play the flacs.

Last edited by rogercc on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
rogercc
rogercc

Back to top Go down

Which program do you use to rip your CD's? Empty Re: Which program do you use to rip your CD's?

Post  FlacMonkey Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:38 pm

EAC is the only one I can use to rip with satisfyingly high enough standards of accuracy. I'm using a linux OS and while there is ruby ripper, it just doesn't do the job as well as EAC.

EAC is an excellent, tried and true ripper. For mac people XLD also make proper rips but I have zero experience with it.

Edit: Topic moved in a new special "Audio Extraction" section of HQ Lossless Wink
FlacMonkey
FlacMonkey
Entirely Made Of Flacs

Humour : Yes

https://nohomers.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tolis Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:24 am

I use Easy CD Creator v.4.1 lol!
Joking of course!!
However, if my memory serves me well, this must have been the very first software I used for ripping and burning, back in the late 90s.
Then I switched to a soft I cannot recall, which had the ability to save wav images and load cue files.
I was soon introduced to EAC. No change till then.

Since this is my first post here, i have to thank FM for creating this and inviting me here!

Edit: There is an "e" missing in the subject line Wink
tolis
tolis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitlope Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Windows Media Player ????, was this included as a joke.

Yeah Roger, big joke. Funny thing is though when I first started ripping my discs back in 2002 into mp3 (actually, I started out with WMA's, then ripped again 2005/06 into mp3) I used WMP. I don't think you can make a lossless rip using WMP except for WMA lossless - something I don't think I have ever listened to.

I wasted a lot of time with sub par rips but am finally glad I'm getting the best now, using EAC of course.
Kitlope
Kitlope

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.FREAKS Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:05 pm

I'm also an EAC user. =] Back when I used my old Dell Dimension 8300 PC, I actually did start out ripping my first CDs using Windows Media Player, and most likely WMA (yikes). Then, I might have started using MP3 but I dunno what bit rate it was (probably 128kbps). I then moved on to Winamp but I think I still used WMP to rip my CDs since it was what I was most familiar with. After I got my first iPod, I started using iTunes to rip my music, and it was at around that time when I started exploring and understanding bit rates and formats. I used AAC 128kb/s due to its smaller file sizes. Now, I use EAC on that same Dell PC since, for some reason, the slot loader on this iMac decided to stop working with audio CDs – before this happened, I was also using XLD although it's very unstable and requires some re-rips a lot of the time…don't even try inserting a disc with a lot of scratches, lol.
Mr.FREAKS
Mr.FREAKS

http://myspace.com/vjg92

Back to top Go down

Post  troma Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:10 am

EAC for ripping, of course, and foobar2000 for playing on the PC (altho I burn all my downloads to CD's using Burrrn).

Cool
troma
troma

Back to top Go down

Post  mypalcharlie Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:43 am

Well...
I will be part of a minority here.
Seems many say the world turns because of EAC. Fair enough. But a long while back I tried...and tried...and tried to get it to work. I simply couldn't.
So shoot me. Guess I'm slow.
Lucky for me, I was able to shell out a (very) few bucks, and got a hold of dbPoweramp.
I will tell you folks, I'm happy I did. I've had nothing but success with it. There is a very loyal following for the software (see HydrogenAudio, or their own site), and help is plentiful.
PLEASE- don't get me wrong. This is no bash at EAC. I know plenty who use it, and I love software that is distributed for all to use.
Simply wanted you out here to know that there are alternatives that work very well, and like with many things in our lives, each to their own...
mypalcharlie
mypalcharlie

Humour : It's better to look stupid- than to be stupid...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitlope Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:12 am

No thats cool Charlie, I know a lot of knowledgeable rippers that use dbpoweramp. I have read many good things about it all over the net- at Hydrogen Audio, Demonoid Forums, CD Freaks and Steve Hoffman forums ( nobody gets as anal about music in general as the guys at SH forums). The list goes on... Nothing wrong with it - I'm just glad that there's decent, viable alternatives out there.
Kitlope
Kitlope

Back to top Go down

Post  oneanight Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:42 am

Well First of All I Think Everybody I Should Imagine Ripped Their First CDs with Windows Media Player Ha Ha at Any Bitrate to See If They Could Do It.
I Know I Did. Then I Would Experiment with 64-128-192 Etc.Etc.
and Then I Begin to Realize the Higher the Bitrate the Better It Sounded.

Then I Decided to Look for Other Programs I Tried Many Others but When I First Listened to Them on Playback I Noticed There Was A Few Jumps.
The One I Finally Decided on Was "Easy CD DA Extractor" Which I Actually Paid for...
Not Because It Was Easy to Use Which It Still Is but Because It Would Rip in Different Formats. And This Is Where I Discovered Flac Wonderful Flac...

All My Posts Were Done This Way in the Early Days, and Then Someone Suggested Well Actually A Few People Suggested EAC.
Which I Must Admit It Isn't an Easy Process to Setup When You First Start Using It Can Be Quite Daunting, and I Can Understand Some People Giving up on It
That Is Where It's Nice to Have People to Help You If Needed...

So for Me EAC Is the Only One I Use Now for Flac...
oneanight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum